OBSERVATORI DE L’EBRE UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE –RAMON LLULL UNIVERSITY has opened the selection process for the coverage of 1 position to support research, as a
You will have the opportunity to join a leading university, the Geophysics Research Group, in a dynamic and professional environment.
Give technical support to the research projects of the Geophysics group. Specifically:
- Processing and storage of data acquired in remote stations.
- Development of programs for real-time or delayed monitoring of physical variables or empirical indices calculated from data acquired by local or remote instruments.
- Development of programs that generate data-based products (graphs, tables, newsletters) for our website.
- Field work related to the installation, operation and maintenance of data acquisition systems including communication equipment, among others.
- Writing of documentation, internal or public, in the form of manuals and reports and technical support for the writing of scientific articles based on the data and programs generated.
- Education: Graduated in physics or electronic, telecommunications, data engineering, or similar.
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows and scientific programming skills in Python, R, Matlab, and/or similar.
- Data treatment and analysis.
- Knowledge of electronics and IT applied to the acquisition and transmission of data will be valued.
- Experience: Experience in work environments related to scientific research will be valued.
- Languages: Catalan and/or Spanish, and English (Minimum English Level: B1).
- At the moment of contracting one must comply with the following requirements:
- Be between 16 and 30 years of age
- Being unemployed
- Be registered as a job-seeker on the Catalan Job Service (SOC)
- Not having carried out research activities at the Ramon Llull University (URL) in the previous six months.
- Full-time contract
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Planned Incorporation: 1st of December 2022.
The OBSERVATORI DE L’EBRE UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE – URL might require proof of the obligatory requirements before formalising the contract, as well as the necessary aspects when they consider that there may be inaccuracies.
Ramon Llull University includes in its IV Gender Equality Plan the commitment to promote equality between people and includes measures to guarantee equal treatment and opportunities between genders and eliminate any type of discrimination. The areas on which this Plan affects, in accordance with what is regulated in article 46 of the LO3/2007, are access to employment, professional classification, promotion and training, remuneration, organization of working time; and the prevention of sexual and gender-based harassment. The URL ensures the reconciliation between work and personal life.
- Deadline: applications can be sent until 30st of September 2022 15th of October 2022.
- Admission and selection process:
- The Administration Service of OE – URL is the responsible body for all of the admission and selection process, in accordance with the rules and procedures applicable to the entity.
- Candidates that do not comply with the requirements will be excluded from the process.
- The selection process will be carried out in two phases, one of curricular evaluation in which the résumés received will be valued, and an interview. The following weighting will be used:
- Expedient: 2.5 points
- Knowledge: 2.5 points
- Languages: 1 points
- Experience: 2 points
- Interview: 2 points.
- Candidates who have not achieved a minimum total of 4 points in the first 4 sections will not be able to access the interview.
This offer is within the Investigo Programme for hiring young job seekers in the realization of research and innovation initiatives, in the framework of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan in Catalonia, financed by the European Union through the European Next Generation Funds. Official code 100045TG6.
Roquetes, 29th of July 2022